When it comes to precision measurements, load cells play a critical role in ensuring accuracy and reliability.
However, even the most durable load cells may require maintenance or repair to maintain their performance over time.
That's where our load cell repair services come in.
With a team of experienced technicians, we specialize in repairing and calibrating load cells to keep your operations running smoothly.
What Can be repaired?
1. Most Damaged Connectors: If the connector is standard, meaning Amphenol or other easily attainable connectors, we have a high load cell repair success rate.
If the connector is integral to the load cell or welded on, there's less chance for repair and welding.
2. Damaged Threads and Bent Adapters: Most of the time, skilled machinists can drill and tap most load cells and clean up most threads.
3. Water or Environmental Damage: If the internal components have not rusted, we can likely dry the load cell out and reseal it better than it was closer to IP 65 ratings.
4. Cables: If your cable has a splice or is damaged, we can patch the cable (If Integral) or build a new one.
What Cannot be repaired?
1. Overloaded Load Cells: Once a point has been reached on the stress-strain curve, there is no way to adjust the load cell back to how the manufacturer likely built it.
The internal elements and gauge factor change, and the material may no longer be safe.
Our best suggestion for an overloaded load cell is to replace it.
If price is an issue, our budget line of load cells might be an excellent fit.
If you want to know if your load cell is overloaded, the zero balance is an excellent gauge.
Our load cell tester is an excellent tool for diagnosing problematic load cells.
2. Load Cells that are completely rusted out: Once rust starts occurring internally, it is typically much more cost-effective to replace than repair.
The Morehouse Load Cell Repair Services:
1. Load Cell Inspection: Our technicians comprehensively inspect your load cell system before proceeding with any repairs.
This step helps us identify the root cause of the issue, whether it's a damaged sensor, faulty wiring, or other issues impacting your load cell's performance.
2. Calibration and Adjustment: Precision is critical for load cells.
We use advanced calibration equipment (Deadweight Primary Standard known to be better than 0.002 % of applied force) to ensure that your load cell provides accurate and consistent measurements.
We'll adjust and fine-tune your load cell to meet industry standards and your specific requirements.
3. Component Replacement: If your load cell requires component replacement, rest assured that we only use high-quality, industry-approved parts to ensure the longevity and performance of your system.
We have you covered, whether it's cables, connectors, or threaded adapters.
Some load cells can be re-gauged with new strain gauges, though this is uncommon.
4. Troubleshooting and Diagnosis: Load cell issues may sometimes be elusive.
Our technicians excel at troubleshooting and diagnosing complex problems.
We employ advanced testing techniques and methodologies to identify and address the issue accurately; we use a load cell tester first, then more advanced equipment.
5. Our Guarantee: We stand behind our work with confidence.
We will be upfront with you about the probability and cost of repair.
6. Price: Inspecting the load cell is $ 250.00. After inspection, we will let you know the options. If we cannot repair the load cell, the $ 250.00 inspection fee can be credited towards a load cell tester to help you diagnose future issues or a new load cell or system.
Note: Several manufacturers no longer carry inventory; getting a replacement load cell can take 4-6 months. At Morehouse, we have an inventory of the most common capacities!
Why Choose Morehouse for Load Cell Repair:
Contact Us Today for your Load Cell Repair: Don't let load cell issues disrupt your operations.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation or inquire about our load cell repair services.
Our dedicated team is ready to assist you in maintaining the accuracy and efficiency of your load cell systems.
Trust us to be your partner in precision measurement solutions.
To Contact Morehouse Now, Please Click Here.
Please visit our YouTube channel for more information on load cell errors that can impact reliability.