ILC Force Calibration Rental Kit
We want to help you make better force measurements. Our goal is to provide a very low overall uncertainty for direct comparison with this ILC Force Kit. The low uncertainty allows for a more robust method to ensure laboratories meet their claimed CMC uncertainties. An easy-to-use Morehouse ILC worksheet is available to assist with your data analysis.
Morehouse can help you satisfy ISO/IEC 17025:2017, Section 7.7.2 with our ILC rental kit options. When you order the rental kit, you will receive a case that includes a 25k or 100k load cell, adapters, cable, 4215 indicator, calibration certificate, and instructions. Calibration is done 1-2 days before shipment, and in accordance with ASTM E74 to establish an expected performance. Here's how it works:
- We use deadweight primary standards known to be within 0.0025 % of applied force to calibrate the artifact. Next to a deadweight calibration by a National Metrology Institute such as NIST, this is the most accurate method to verify you are making measurements within your claimed CMC uncertainty parameter.
- We help control the drift and keep the uncertainties low. All instrumentation drifts over time. If a laboratory is trying to ensure the validity of their systems, then the closer the tests are to the calibration, the lower the uncertainty values become.
- We can help establish your CMC uncertainty parameter. The ILC is a great starting point for calculating your capability by comparing the Morehouse artifact against another artifact, preferably with a deadweight calibration performed. If done correctly, the comparison can be used to help establish your capability.
- We will ship the rental kit with a “fresh” calibration. The calibration will be performed 1-2 days before shipment. This allows the end-user to validate their system and get up and running quickly.
- We have partnered with Sapphire Proficiency Testing to provide an independent third party review of the data and issuance of a report. If this option is requested, the Force ILC will be blind (no data supplied) and the cost will be higher because we will contract Sapphire Proficiency Testing to run the data.
- We allow for 21 days from shipment to return of equipment. This provides at least one week for the you to make the measurements, assuming a worst-case scenario five-day shipment.